You can't overcommit a wavelength.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: ch...@wbmfg.com
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 10:22:09 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] i am vetting windstream....

-7 at my house this morning. Snappy!

From: CBB - Jay Fuller
Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 9:16 AM
To: af@afmug.com ; memb...@wispa.org
Subject: [AFMUG] i am vetting windstream....

Good morning everyone.

I'm looking at upstream providers as the contract with my current (not so
happy) provider is nearly up. I got an unsolicited quote from windstream this
morning that looked pretty good for 10 gig wave. As as we considering fiber to
the home in the near future I thought I'd give this a second look. Glancing
through list archives and the web, I've seen windstream has had problems
delivering committed bandwidth in the past. I've also read they did a lot of
buying and may not have integrated very well.

Recently I saw a post from Chuck Hogg explaining several WISPA folks had gotten
together with windstream folks and got a list of tower lit locations which I
think is pretty good. We are also looking at several options - I'm just looking
at price + value + our future needs - knowing all of this changes dramatically
every time we look at it.

Finally I know windstream recently purchased earthlink which a few years ago
purchased ITC Deltacom which had a pretty extensive network in Alabama. We may
also need connectivity in centurylink areas - so this may be a better option
for us than trying to do some kind of ATT ASE circuit - i just don't know yet.

So - please - let me know your thoughts on windstream. Is anyone using them now
and unhappy? If so, why?

I'm also headed out for a few hours so i won't get a chance to reply to your
comments until later this afternoon when Alabama's semiannual snowmagedden
event begins - so we'll all be trapped in our homes for 24-48 hours starting
about 3 pm.... :)

Happy Friday!