That's good to know...

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Mike Hammett
  To: af@afmug.com
  Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 12:24 PM
  Subject: Re: [AFMUG] i am vetting windstream....

  You can't overcommit a wavelength.

  Midwest Internet Exchange

  The Brothers WISP

  From: ch...@wbmfg.com
  To: af@afmug.com
  Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 10:22:09 AM

  -7 at my house this morning.  Snappy!

  From: CBB - Jay Fuller
  Sent: Friday, January 6, 2017 9:16 AM
  To: af@afmug.com ; memb...@wispa.org
  Subject: [AFMUG] i am vetting windstream....

  Good morning everyone.

  I'm looking at upstream providers as the contract with my current (not so
happy) provider is nearly up.  I got an unsolicited quote from windstream this
morning that looked pretty good for 10 gig wave.  As as we considering fiber to
the home in the near future I thought I'd give this a second look.  Glancing
through list archives and the web, I've seen windstream has had problems
delivering committed bandwidth in the past.  I've also read they did a lot of
buying and may not have integrated very well.

  Recently I saw a post from Chuck Hogg explaining several WISPA folks had
gotten together with windstream folks and got a list of tower lit locations
which I think is pretty good.  We are also looking at several options - I'm
just looking at price + value + our future needs - knowing all of this changes
dramatically every time we look at it.

  Finally I know windstream recently purchased earthlink which a few years ago
purchased ITC Deltacom which had a pretty extensive network in Alabama.  We may
also need connectivity in centurylink areas - so this may be a better option
for us than trying to do some kind of ATT ASE circuit - i just don't know yet.

  So - please - let me know your thoughts on windstream.  Is anyone using them
now and unhappy?  If so, why?

  I'm also headed out for a few hours so i won't get a chance to reply to your
comments until later this afternoon when Alabama's semiannual snowmagedden
event begins - so we'll all be trapped in our homes for 24-48 hours starting
about 3 pm.... :)

  Happy Friday!