No, get the dog to take out the trash...

From: Ken Hohhof
Sent: Sunday, January 08, 2017 1:53 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT: Home automation

I guess I have a DumbHome.

And oddly, the things I might want to check remotely don’t seem to be on the
list.  Like did someone leave the bathroom faucet running or a burner on the
stove lit.  With  LED lights I don’t obsess that a light might be left on for 8
hours.  And I don’t need my fridge ordering more eggs from Amazon.

The worst DIY home automation item has to be these Ring Doorbells.  For the
time people spend dealing with their bugs, they could just hire someone to
house sit and call them when someone is at the door.

Now if I could just get the dog to bring in my wife’s paper in the morning.