I have installed the Honeywell smart thermostats for two way radio repeater
communication rooms on Franklin mountains .  Emails client when temperature
varies from his desired levels.   Our summers get toasty so that is his
main concern... Ice build up on antennas does happen but not much you can
do about it safely.