Side note: my house is around 2200sq/ft not counting the basement. I run 4
APs to cover the house, property, and the barn out back. (Still there from
the early 1900s when it was a farm).

On Jan 8, 2017 7:15 PM, "Josh Reynolds" <[email protected]> wrote:

> The new UAP-AC-HD is 802.11AC wave2, and has 3 internal SoCs: one for each
> band (2.4/5) and one for Ethernet and management. Dual Ethernet ports,
> 802.3ad/LACP support for them soon.
>
> Very good AP.
>
> On Jan 8, 2017 7:12 PM, "Chuck McCown" <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>> Is Unifi all the latest AC dual band etc etc?
>> I should upgrade the 844 and see if there is a difference.
>>
>> *From:* Joe Novak
>> *Sent:* Sunday, January 08, 2017 5:11 PM
>> *To:* [email protected]
>> *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] Home RG routers -
>>
>> Unifi also works well for me.
>>
>> I saw similar problems with the 844E here. It didn't cover my house well
>> when in the basement. I had to move it to a more central location and even
>> then had hiccups with DLNA streaming on 5ghz. I wasn't running the latest
>> firmware, I've been meaning to try it again.
>>
>> All because I'm too lazy to run coax to my bedroom...
>>
>> On Jan 8, 2017 6:06 PM, "Jaime Solorza" <[email protected]>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> UniFi works for me very well...
>>>
>>> On Jan 8, 2017 4:43 PM, "Chuck McCown" <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>
>>>> My Calix 844E is OK, but the RF seems weak.
>>>>
>>>> Might need upgrading  but I have lost he password.  The factory
>>>> password does not work.  May have to default it.
>>>>
>>>> I can see a neighbors router that lives about 1000 feet from me.
>>>> Wonder if he can see all my routers.
>>>>
>>>> Any recommendations for routers?  Anything new out there that is really
>>>> asskicking?
>>>>
>>>

Reply via email to