I had a Netgear Nighthawk $400 router at first.
Then I got an ASUS $400 router.
Now I just installed a UBNT Amplifi mesh system.

As you know, I have a 10Gbps connection to my house and can easily push 1Gbps.

So the fastest wireless I’ve seen is on the ASUS with around 500Mbps to my Note
5 phone.

That is in the next room.
Up a floor in about half signal I still got around 200Mbps to my phone.

But there were dead spots since the router was in my basement under all the
HVAC ducting.

The Netgear kept having intermittent issues and the interface/app was horrible.
Asus was better and the App was ok, but still not what I wanted.

The UBNT Amplifi solved my dead spot issues.
But the max speed seems to be around 110Mbps wireless
I configured it to separate out the 2 and 5GHz systems since it also didn’t
seem to do a good job at that.
Now there are are like 5 wireless SSIDs available from it.
I chose the one that said MD-5 and it seems to work best for all devices on 5Ghz
It does tend to blip out and reconnect a lot for some reason.
But streaming is improved and the TV on wireless is a lot smoother.

I’m now considering going back to what I had a few years ago, which was using a
couple of UBNT remote AP units and routing through something else.
I do have one of their top of the line 48 port POE switches in my house, but
it’s not the Unifi one, and they don’t act as router either.