We still do that today with my commercial property business. I have 5 employees, and we pay the entire health, dental and vision insurance for the employee and their entire family. Costs us $6,000/month for all 5. This is a $500 deductible with $30 co-pay through Blue Cross.

I also have a $3,000,000 life insurance policy that is $80/month that I keep personally.

Travis

On 1/13/2017 1:27 PM, ch...@wbmfg.com wrote:
I get half that coverage for twice that amount.
*From:* Lewis Bergman
*Sent:* Friday, January 13, 2017 1:07 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT Slightly, Cost of Living
My life insurance is term, $1,000,000 and cost me $65 a month. I am 52. Health insurance for my family would be $1050 if I had kids on it and is an HSA with a $6500 deductible per insured I think. Property is a drag if it isn't producing income. If it is it can be great, or at least it has been for me. I can say I have anything to complain about but I live even more spartan than you as far as accommodations. I think I only own 2 rent houses that aren't nicer than the one I live in. One thing I think is important in a recurring revenue model is making sure your pricing keeps pace with inflation. If you don't you make 10% less in 3 years relatively speaking. On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 1:02 PM can...@believewireless.net <p...@believewireless.net> wrote:

    While starting my ISP, I lived very frugally. No paid TV, only
    made enough to pay bills and make dinner.
    Now, I'm reaping the rewards of putting all that money back into
    my company and taking a fat salary
    and still putting money back into the company.
    Compared to you, yes, I'm living "extravagantly" now. But if I
    average it out over the years, I'm still
    not making much on average. But, it's growing fast. Money does
    seem to go further for me and this
    ISP thing seems like an ATM with money constantly rolling in.
    I don't work as much as I used to and have tons of free time. But,
    that was by design and why I
    decided to get into the recurring revenue business.