Since I was asking for the impossible (a computer for troubleshooting), she put 
it off until Saturday when her parents will be visiting with one of those rare 
pieces of equipment.  Where we go next, who knows?


-----Original Message-----
From: Af [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Jay Weekley
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2017 7:30 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] managed router craziness

What did you do with the customer with the TPlink that could stream netflix but 
not surf?

Ken Hohhof wrote:
>
> Customer has a leased Mikrotik.  I don’t think they will be able to 
> handle managing a Mikrotik, and I don’t want us making changes 
> multiple times each day so their kids do their homework.  I told 
> customer to shop for a router that can do what they want, and we would 
> take back the leased router.
>
> I still think sticking their head in the room has some value.
>
> *From:*Af [mailto:[email protected]] *On Behalf Of *Jason Wilson
> *Sent:* Thursday, January 26, 2017 5:32 PM
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] managed router craziness
>
> Look at router limits. They have a few options to do exactly what you 
> are looking for.
>
> J
>
> On Jan 26, 2017 3:10 PM, "Ken Hohhof" <[email protected] 
> <mailto:[email protected]>> wrote:
>
>     Customer called wanting to be able to call us each day and have us
>     disable Internet to each kid’s computer until they did their
>     homework, then call as each one finished their homework and have
>     us turn it back on.
>
>     Seriously?
>
>     What happened to sticking your head in the room and yelling “get
>     off the damn Internet and do your homework”?  Are parents too lazy
>     now to get up off the sofa and check on the kids?  When I was a
>     kid, a parent could yell from 50 paces and make you soil your
>     underwear.
>
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com <http://www.avg.com/email-signature>
> Version: 2016.0.7998 / Virus Database: 4749/13840 - Release Date: 
> 01/26/17
>



Reply via email to