Myth busters, lol, not exactly what I cite for science... That test was flawed all over the place.. But they didn't test frozen chicken into turbine blades, which was the situation I was referring to. Anyways facts show even non-frozen bird is a bad situation for turbines.. So a metal drone with solid chunks is going to be a much harder bit to swallow...

On 02/06/2017 09:09 AM, Adam Moffett wrote:
 You mean with the chicken cannon?  Tested on Myth Busters.  Frozen
chicken does not have more momentum than a thawed chicken.

------ Original Message ------
From: "Robert Andrews" <i...@avantwireless.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: 2/6/2017 12:03:07 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Climbing is Life

You heard the story about brits testing bird strikes?

On 02/06/2017 08:53 AM, Kurt Fankhauser wrote:
what would happen if a drone was flying as high as a commercial plane
and gut sucked into the engine?

On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:19 AM, Adam Moffett <dmmoff...@gmail.com
<mailto:dmmoff...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Exactly....there's the law and there's actual flight ceiling.
    Bigger ones can go up several thousand feet.

    I was looking at (did not buy) one to carry a 2.5kg payload.
    Without the payload it could very very high....like commercial
    airplane high.  There's no good reason to do that, but you *could*.