From: "Brett A Mansfield" <li...@silverlakeinternet.com>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 7:38:58 PM
Subject: [AFMUG] 11GHz and 18GHz real throughput

Hi,

I've never yet done a licensed link and there is plenty of these two
frequencies available in my area. I need to be able to get 500Mbps at about 15
miles. Is that possible with either of these?

What kind of real world speeds can I expect out of these and what channel size
do I need to license to get those speeds?

Is there something else I should consider? What brand/model radios and dishes,
what other frequencies for easier licensing, etc?

It would be great to be able to get a gig that distance, but I'm trying to be
realistic and get just what I really need to start with.

No legal advice please, just your experience with it and any knowledge you'd be
able/willing to share with the licensing of these frequencies.

Thank you,
Brett A Mansfield