If the thoughput isn't there at 99.999%, it's not worth having.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Mathew Howard" <mhoward...@gmail.com>
To: "af" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 8:39:06 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] 11GHz and 18GHz real throughput

Well, he didn't say he needed 500Mbps at 99.999%...

On Feb 8, 2017 8:03 PM, "Mike Hammett" < af...@ics-il.net > wrote:

I have a ~14 mile path now that even with 6' dishes, 11 GHz simply won't do.
99.999% at only a 228 megabit modulation with a PTP820c. I could get 500 with
both polarities and the 820s. That's a lotta spend for 500 megabit.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP