remember when that tunnel collapsed under the chicago river
they dropped everything in that hole, refrigerators, mattresses, garbage,
everything.

this repair was supposed to have been made 3 years ago

i understand some infrastructure repairs get delayed, it happens

but probably best to go ahead and do the ones if the structure holds back
more than say a million gallons

I assume the people in charge of decision making, given this is California,
probably were top of their class for their gender studies degree