100,000cfs is correct.  That spillway will support 250,000cfs, but the
Feather River channel will only support about 216,000cfs.  It has been 10
years since the Channel has been stressed to this point, last time there
were levee breaches.  Their hope is to drawdown the reservoir 50 feet below
the rim to do a couple things, one is to take pressure off of the presumed
damaged emergency spillway.  The other is to make room for precip that is
coming into california towards the end of the week.  Of course they cannot
do any repairs to the facility until after the rainy season is over, and
the snowmelt had finished.

Jason Wilson
Remotely Located
Providing High Speed Internet to out of the way places.
530-651-1736
530-748-9608 Cell
www.remotelylocated.com