From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Faisal Imtiaz
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2017 2:04 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] FISPA conference

Context Context Context ......

What Fred Stated (on the WISPA list)  earlier was accurate and factual.
I also have no ill will or desire to speak ill of FISPA, after all I am and
have been a member for the last 20+ years (am getting too old to count).

Buying group,  Information sharing, facilitating dialog etc etc etc, yes
absolutely ..
Advocacy group, they are not.

At the present time they have morphed into more of CLEC's and Fiber Provider's
association vs just ISP's (most of their members were ISP's and have grown up
!).

They do presentations at the meetings in regards to the Legal affairs and the
status of where things are.. the Legal Advisors Kris and others have common
clients with the FISPA membership.  But as an association taking an active
position or role with legislative affairs is something they very much choose
not to do.

Regards.

Faisal Imtiaz
Snappy Internet & Telecom
7266 SW 48 Street
Miami, FL 33155
Tel: 305 663 5518 x 232

Help-desk: (305)663-5518 Option 2 or Email:
supp...@snappytelecom.net<mailto:supp...@snappytelecom.net>