I don't think he'll revisit Guantanamo unless the goal is to move them from
there to US based privatized prisons.

On Mar 7, 2017 9:42 AM, "Steve" <li...@wavedirect.org> wrote:

I get you.  In principle it is WRONG.  Obviously.  I also don't agree with
the terrorist detainees without trials.  Just the fact they can arbitrarily
take anyone.  Hopefully Trump will consider revising the Patriot act when
it comes back up.

Like I said at the end  - its bittersweet.  I am not in fear of getting in
trouble because I don't do anything wrong.  But then again I don't want
wiretaps in my office and or home either.

Ask a woman if its ok to look through their purse when they are not
looking.  See if that is acceptable behavior.

On a side note looks like the Mikrotik exploits are mainly based on the
webfig side so far.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stefan Englhardt" <s...@genias.net>
To: "af" <af@afmug.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:30:51 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Wikileaks #Vault7 CIA Backdoor leaks

> I knew about windows since like 98 because I knew a Microsoft employee who
> told me about what they could do.  Skype didn't surprise me either.  Quite
> frankly I don't care because I don't have anything to hide.

This "I don't have anything to hide" is as long as your country behaves
fair to you.
For 95% of the world this is not the case. And even in US you might run
into problems communicating with the wrong people or sharing a bus with
them. Remember there are/were some people in Guantanamo which never seen a
judge. Some are free after years without a hearing. I guess they have
another view.

Look at this case:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murat_Kurnaz
He met some filter criteria and had no chance.

I have nothing to hide but I have no good feeling seeing what possibilities
are in the hands of people I dont know and I am not sure about their
motivation. May be arresting someone helps their career. So they lower the
filter and grab someone who is just at the wrong time and place as Kurnaz.

> I'm torn about this because this pisses me off.. but then again they need
to be
> able to spy on other countries to protect us.  So this is a bittersweet
day.

Edgerouters or