      From: George Skorup <george.sko...@cbcast.com>
 To: af@afmug.com
 Sent: Wednesday, March 8, 2017 8:49 PM
 Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Small-scale GPON

  ZTE fined $900M by US Commerce Dept for selling telco gear to Iran and North
Korea. Hmmm....

 On 3/8/2017 8:04 PM, Chris Fabien wrote:

 Gerard,  Looking at Baltic's website they seem to sell several software
licenses for this ZTE GPON equipment. Like $50 per PON Port license, $5.50 per
ONT, etc. Also $2100 for some server software. Are these required? Are you
buying them on AliBaba? Or does it somehow work without the licenscing/server
software?
  Thanks Chris