It really depends on what type of project this is... if it's a well funded
and needs to work well, then Canopy makes a lot of sense to me, but if
we're talking about the type of thing where you want to connect as many
people as possible on a limited budget, you want to look at the lower
priced gear, in my opinion.

An ePMP system could certainly provide more than 3Mbps more than 60% of the
time to a pretty large number of customers without much difficulty... and
it'd be way cheaper Canopy. And you could probably cut equipment costs in
half again by using Ubiquiti (even using AC gear).