They want a stand per radio,  with a fiber to universal poe converter on
each strand.  That way all of their switchgear can be at the bottom.   If
you replace all of the Lan ports in a syncinjector with sfp ports, then you
get the idea.

I can think of lots of other ways to make this work,  enough that I
wouldn't be inclined to build this except that this is definitely a
recurring theme.  I think that the idea is that they really want to limit
the quantity of gear at the top.  If it was me, I'd put either a poe switch
up top or a bunch of those ubnt fiber to poe converters, but apparently
there are quite a few wisps who don't like this idea.