It's meant for SMB, where there really isn't any need to change t hose things.

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

----- Original Message -----

From: "Seth Mattinen" <se...@rollernet.us>
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: Saturday, April 8, 2017 11:23:24 AM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] CISCO VLAN question

On 4/8/17 9:04 AM, Paul Stewart wrote:
> haha.. yeah and I’ll take something that is reliable too ;)

I bought a complete set of unifi stuff to see what it's all about. A
security gateway, switch, and two access points. And while it is
somewhat simple to set up it's very lacking in flexibility.

Apparently I can dig in json files and command lines to do other stuff
the UI can't do and maybe it will stick across provisionings or maybe
not, but why would I bother with that headache? I'd rather just stick
with Cisco in that case.

But I can certainly see sticking a unifi system at a customer location
where it's NAT everything super basic nothing fancy usage.

~Seth