Chuck - MDs like Joel Fuhrman, John McDougall, etc., have their patients off of
Type 2 meds in days and Type 2 reversed in months.   eg:
https://www.amazon.com/End-Diabetes-Live-Prevent-Reverse-ebook/dp/B0089LOG7U

Type 2 = insulin resistance and eliminating that should be your #1 goal.  And
as you probably know, Type 2 increases the risk of other issues.
eg:  DrFuhrman.com

|   |
DrFuhrman.com
   |   |