If I remember correctly, an airgateway installer won't power a Canopy SM...
it's either not enough current or voltage (I forget which, maybe both).

It's been awhile since I tried to make it work, but from what I can
remember, it's going to be pretty tough to get a Canopy SM to run off USB,
because it's going to be tough to find a USB power source that will put out
over 2amps (which is only 10 watts), and if I'm remembering right, a Canopy
SM needs 12 watts.... but I would've been using a 900mhz SM, and the others
may very well be different. All I can remember for sure was that I couldn't
make it work reliably.