Flight from LaPaz -> LAX -> SEA. I got marked with the SSS of selected death.

Mexican authorities swiped my carry on and checked it with the explosives
sniffer.

LAX customs was fine but then you have to go back through TSA. TSA saw the SSS
and the next thing you know they were unpacking my bags and checking seams in
my packed underwear and the underwear I was wearing TWICE!

When they took out my laptop they asked me to turn it on. Nope, batteries are
dead. When I offered to plug it in to charge it, it was like I offered to light
a fuse!

90 minutes of complete security theater. Shared swabs between people's bags,
multiple security people in the close in inspection area eating and wandering.

At one point they wanted to pat down a Chinese man. The TSA agent was nervous
and just said the same statement about touching his genitals louder to the
Chinese man. I offered google translate and the TSA guy was super relieved. He
said he was clocked by another non-English speaker as he felt him up. (Hell, if
some guy speaking a foreign language touched me like that without warning I'd
probably clock him too!)

The US Airlines will probably figure out a way of clearing your laptop to be
used on board. They already have precheck, clear, special first class lines etc.

Pissed business customers that figure out that video conferencing works just as
well once you get used to it mean a loss of spectacular revenue to the airline.
They will fight this tooth and nail. Even Saudi based airlines let their first
and biz customers use their laptops up until just before takeoff.

ryan

--
D. Ryan Spott | NGC457, llc
broadband | telco | colo | communities