Why the three bearings in the arms?  Why not just a chunk of cheap metal there?

From: Steve Jones
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2017 9:30 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] OT spinner toy

I just ordered a bunch of various spinners, cause my kids into them, I got them
from china, I am not afraid of lead
but these things retail between 5 and 10 bucks... or more each. I can find them
for more than 150 for 100 in any of the models
good markup for any retail shop or ebay store when you only need to dump 10-20
percent of your inventory to ensure profit on a product
as long as youre insured for lead poisoning.

Looking at my desk, which is cluttered, I assume there are three guys on this
list whos desks aren't cluttered, the bulk of stuff in my desk, aside from the
reams of printouts I intend on reading but couldn't anyway because Ive jotted
so many notes on them are project components, a nut with a bolts, a mechanical
pencil stripped to its parts, a gigeapc with a couple cutoff patch cables, some
rj45 ends with the clips shoved inside each other, a paperclip holder with a
bunch of ferrous shit in it, a couple rare earths, broken ink pens whose
clickers still work, in other words a bunch of junk I fidget with. 4 bearings
in a housing with a set of bearing covers is genius, even if they don't even
have the complexity of two legos

anybody remember finger boards, the little skateboards... somebody became a
millionaire off those because back then china pretended they weren't ripping
everybody off. I just bought a 65 dollar raspberry pi 3 kit with case, power
supply, heat sinks, Bluetooth remote, 16gb card (think its a bootleg?... lol)