when this hit, that's what they said, then when they realized it was like
every other malware, the news tried the "wannacry not delivered via
attachements" headlines for like 40 seconds til the tech community lashed
out (btw the tech community is the only legitimately non partisan community
out there) and they STFU.
I never understood when our customers get het with malware, why the people
who don't use UPS insist on always opening the UPS attachments
granted, this propagates from an infected machine to others if you didn't
apply the three month old patch, so "technichally it doesn't have user
interaction" but unless its dropping an executable in a startup folder,
does it really?

I just wonder if I'm missing something. I sat through a UTM webinar the
other day on this, expecting to gain insight. The gist of this one is "yer
fukt" because it was distributed by what equates to a 3 year old with an
iPhone, and paying the ransom doesn't get you a key. There was a post
webinar Q&A that disconnected because the UTM vendor didn't realize the guy
who started the session had to actually stay in it to keep it going....
that's the level of non starter I perceive wannacry as.