From: Af [mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com] On Behalf Of Kurt Fankhauser
Sent: Friday, May 26, 2017 2:53 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] kodi?

Who is paying for all this bandwidth that the *servers* are providing for
"ill-legitimate" content?

On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Mark - Myakka Technologies
<m...@mailmt.com<mailto:m...@mailmt.com>> wrote:
Mark,

Here is the link I was talking about

http://blog.skystreamx.com/fix-kodi-buffering/

--
Best regards,
Mark                            mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com<http://www.MyakkaTech.com>

Proud Sponsor of the Myakka City Relay For Life
http://www.RelayForLife.org/MyakkaCityFL

Please Donate at Please Donate at http://www.myakkatech.com/RFL.html
------

Kurt,

I read somewhere that kodi needs about 10-15meg connection to work correctly.
Not sure if that was for live tv or everything.  Think I have the article
bookmarked at the office.  I'll check in the morning and post it if I find it.

--
Best regards,
Mark                            mailto:m...@mailmt.com

Myakka Technologies, Inc.
www.MyakkaTech.com<http://www.MyakkaTech.com>

Proud Sponsor of the Myakka City Relay For Life
http://www.RelayForLife.org/MyakkaCityFL

Please Donate at Please Donate at http://www.myakkatech.com/RFL.html
------

I am getting more and more calls every week from clients saying that their
"streaming isn't working." Upon investigating each one of these cases the
customer always has purchased a "jailbroken" firestick loaded with KODI and
they are expecting to watch all kinds of movies for free. From what I can tell
this is very un-reliable compared to just paying for Netflix. Sometimes the
streams work and sometimes they don't. I basically have been telling customers
that what their doing is no different than the old satellite days where people
put the hacked cards into their set top boxes and get all the satellite
channels for free. But those cards were always getting "zapped" and you were
constantly having to get new cards and re-program cards so your spending so
much time dealing with the "un-reliable' TV watching experience that it would
have just been cheaper to pay for the service legally in the first place. My
solution for these customers has been to just tell them to pay $10 for Netflix
and be done with it.
On Thu, May 25, 2017 at 11:02 AM, CBB - Jay Fuller <