Lewis Bergman wrote:
> I don't remember saying anything about fiber vs wifi.
  The title of your post is Muni WiFi.

> As for the  cheese, I would argue yes. Those bonds don't magically pay
> themselves.
> They are paid off of taxes, they have to show them segmented but still taxes
> pay them.
  I don't think that's quite how it works, unless you specifically issue tax
finance bonds.

  If the municipality issues revenue bonds, there is no gubment cheese, as only
revenues from operations are used to pay the bond. The government isn't even on
the hook for a default, if they are pure revenue bonds.

  Even if the muni issues tax guaranteed bonds, it does not necessarily mean
there will be any gubment cheese. During normal operations the network users
will pay for the bond, and that's that. The gubment cheese only comes into play
if the operations are unprofitable and they are incapable to pay the bond
payments.

  So the existential question is, is there any gubment cheese if the cheese is
never seen nor used?

Jared