If I had a VHF repeater with a high gain omni and a very low noise pre-amp, I
would hate to have any digital equipment on the same hill.  But those years
have long since passed.

From: Lewis Bergman
Sent: Wednesday, June 7, 2017 4:55 PM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Interference on a repeater at 149 MHz

I don't think so. I am assuming they probably didn't install some connectors
correctly. Unless they are using some extremely crappy gear the RF portions of
all half decent repeaters are shielded very well. Unless they modified the
repeater leaving some shielding off the connectors are the most likely source.
I guess there could also be punctures or some such in the coax as well.