Hi,

I just got back from Italy two weeks ago... flew into the SLC airport via Delta. Everyone went to a kiosk to check into the US and print out a paper, then you present the paper to the customs agent and walk out. There was no special line for anyone else, it was all the same. Took us 10 minutes total, and we still had to wait for our bags at baggage claim.

Travis

On 7/13/2017 1:44 PM, Chuck McCown wrote:
Talking about immigration. No long lines. You just go to a kiosk and let yourself into the USA. All by yourself.
No security at all.
When entering the country security was done before you got on the flight.
*From:* Cassidy B. Larson
*Sent:* Thursday, July 13, 2017 1:42 PM
*To:* af@afmug.com
*Subject:* Re: [AFMUG] OT air travel
Pretty sure Global entry from international air travel still requires you to pass through TSA security and there’s no TSA-pre on international arrivals, so belt/shoes/laptop have to come off. Trust me, I’ve asked. Global Entry is done by CBP which is different than TSA. Honestly, I’ve found the new “Mobile Passport” app is faster at getting through the lines than Global Entry. More people are going to Global Entry and limited number of kiosks means there’s a small line there if you’re not first off the plane. You can do the mobile passport app submission while you’re waiting for the plane to taxi to the gate and then walk all the way through. No stopping at the kiosk to do the global entry stuff. I haven’t done Clear, but TSA-pre check is plenty fast for me. Never more than 2 people in front of my at the guy checking boarding cards.