Yeah, you get free Pre-check if you get Global Entry. If you bought Pre-check
before getting Global Entry nothing changes, you just get Global Entry.
Honestly, I’d not worry about Global Entry if your airport you fly into accepts
the mobile boarding pass, which most do now. You literally walk by everybody at
all the kiosks (global entry included).  Most have mobile passport in the same
queue for CBP review as those with Global Entry.