I have about half of our sites converted to DC UPS's. Well, maybe about 60%. The number one issue I have is putting everything together for it is time consuming, but in the end, it's better in every way.

On 7/28/2017 8:29 AM, Eric Muehleisen wrote:
This is great info. We too have experienced this same issue with AF24's. Like Gino, we always set it to Low Sensitivity. This setting allows us to easily run the site off portable generator in a pinch. High Sensitivity won't allow for a portable genset.

On Fri, Jul 28, 2017 at 4:24 AM, Gino A. Villarini <g...@aeronetpr.com <mailto:g...@aeronetpr.com>> wrote:

    Wow, might try this… we usually put them on low sensitivity for a
    more robust experience.  Didn’t know this affected the switching
    time!

    Thanks Collin!!!

    From: Af <af-boun...@afmug.com <mailto:af-boun...@afmug.com>> on
    behalf of Colin Stanners <cstann...@gmail.com
    <mailto:cstann...@gmail.com>>
    Date: Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 9:51 PM
    To: "af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>" <af@afmug.com
    <mailto:af@afmug.com>>
    Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Is there such a thing as a AC Capacitor?

    Gino, can you say which gear? Most UPSes switch pretty much
    "instantly" (less than one AC cycle, which lasts 16ms) so a PSU
    that wouldn't last one AC cycle must have very questionable
    engineering. Or assuming that you use APC UPSes, you can change
    the sensitivity setting to switch quicker:
    http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA156514/
    <http://www.apc.com/us/en/faqs/FA156514/>

    *//*

    */Gino A. Villarini/*

    President
    Metro Office Park #18 Suite 304 Guaynabo, Puerto Rico 00968

    On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 2:57 PM, Gino A. Villarini