For what it’s worth, a friend of mine’s company does scanning on large scale.
They work with medical and legal outfits the most where they take thousands and
thousands of documents, scan them, and through their software system created a
fully searchable database application.  Neat business really ….

Anyways, they use nothing but high end Fujistu scanners and swear by them ….
something like $4k a piece the units they are using but their more economical
units are supposed to be pretty good too especially if you’re not doing many
thousands daily kind of thing …

Paul