They sure look like they would be great.  Forrest needs to answer for certain
but cannot think of any reason why they would not be ideal.

From: Jesse DuPont
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 11:42 AM
To: Animal Farm
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Cost effective battery charging and monitoring device

Would these work on a SiteMonitor? They output 1-5V DC based on current flowing
through.

https://flexscada.com/product/hall-effect-current-sensor-ac-75a-dc-100a/

Jesse DuPont

Network Architect
email: jesse.dup...@celeritycorp.net
Celerity Networks LLC

Celerity Broadband LLC
Like us! facebook.com/celeritynetworksllc

Like us! facebook.com/celeritybroadband

On 8/30/17 11:29 AM, George Skorup wrote:

  Yeah, about that. I wouldn't use those on 12VDC systems. Too much current.
I've burned up a couple of the 10A shunts on Traco BCMUs that were running
around 200W load on battery. 200/13 = 15 amps. Ungood. One site at about 225W,
first time it went to battery, the shunt went kaput after 10-15 minutes and the
site went down.

  I'm hoping Forrest comes up with some Hall effect stuff or even plain 20+ amp
shunts that can be used on the SiteMonitor's existing 100mv input. Hall effect
is nice because you don't have to be "in" the circuit. But I'll take what I can
get.