Most of these should work, as someone has pointed out, you should be able
to use a voltage divider to get it down to the range...   If you put a 204
ohm resistor across the shunt input and 10K ohms in series with the shunt
that should scale 5V down to 0.1V.   If you need other ranges, see
http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/voltage-divider-calculator .  I'd start
with 10,000 ohms in the R1 field and 0.1V on the output voltage.

The other challenge is that most hall effect sensors are relatively low
accuracy, say 5%.   Calibration seems to help, but isn't really applicable
in this case.   Add the uncertainty of the divider and you may not have the
accuacy you want.

Remember that the shunt input is only a 10 bit ADC, which means you only
have 1024 steps.  So for a 100A input, each 'step' would be 0.1A.   Just be
aware of this.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Jesse DuPont <
jesse.dup...@celeritycorp.net> wrote:

> Would these work on a SiteMonitor? They output 1-5V DC based on current
> flowing through.
>
> https://flexscada.com/product/hall-effect-current-sensor-ac-75a-dc-100a/
>
> *Jesse DuPont*
>
> Network Architect
> email: jesse.dup...@celeritycorp.net
> Celerity Networks LLC
>
> Celerity Broadband LLC
> Like us! facebook.com/celeritynetworksllc
>
> Like us! facebook.com/celeritybroadband
> On 8/30/17 11:29 AM, George Skorup wrote:
>
> Yeah, about that. I wouldn't use those on 12VDC systems. Too much current.
> I've burned up a couple of the 10A shunts on Traco BCMUs that were running
> around 200W load on battery. 200/13 = 15 amps. Ungood. One site at about
> 225W, first time it went to battery, the shunt went kaput after 10-15
> minutes and the site went down.
>
> I'm hoping Forrest comes up with some Hall effect stuff or even plain 20+
> amp shunts that can be used on the SiteMonitor's existing 100mv input. Hall
> effect is nice because you don't have to be "in" the circuit. But I'll take
> what I can get.
>
> On 8/30/2017 10:26 AM, Adam Moffett wrote:
>
> Yeah, up to 10 amp.

*Forrest Christian* *CEO**, PacketFlux Technologies, Inc.*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/fwchristian>  <http://facebook.com/packetflux>
<http://twitter.com/@packetflux>