I know its not a funny situation, but scott just announce Comcast is
opening all kinds of wifi hotspots, I LOLed, they cant keep good service to
customers on a good day, and now theyre going to do this post hurricane....
I can stand vultures, this is a photo op. But I hope it goes well.

The governor is preparing like a boss. I'm not a big fan of draining
reservoirs,  but its a gamble worth taking. hopefully the storm turns and
just causes rain that refills the reservoirs with fresh water, the fishies
will appreciate it and next year will have amazing fishing.

The competitive preparedness this storm season is how things should be.
Texas had a 10billion dollar honeypot and the federal staging was tops. FL
is trying to be one better. This is awesome to see. There will be a lot of
resource bloat and waste in the preparations, that's fine, its how we learn
for the future. The reactionary model to disaster has historically failed,
its about time weve become a proactive disaster mitigation nation.

Even here we are seeing the still young WECAT getting word out on how to
seek assistance. Phones coverage being set up ahead of time. grid damage
circumvention. This is glorious (awful in regard to the storm, glorious in
regard to the level of preparedness)