From: Harold Bledsoe
Sent: Monday, October 16, 2017 10:04 AM
To: af@afmug.com
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Batt Prices

A hybrid deep cycle marine battery is good for around 80-100 cycles.  For
backup purposes it can work but keep in mind that you still need to exercise
the battery at least 1-2 times per month.  Perma-float will kill it if doesn't
cycle occasionally.  Still as a backup-only you can get 5 years from it.  10-15
years is OK from a real deep cycle battery.

If you want a lot of backup capacity, look at a forklift battery.  If you can
handle the logistics (weight) it is really good cost overall and good for 15-20
years.  They just weigh a ton (literally).

-Hal