considering that a powered-on tesla model S has a persistent cellular data
connection back to tesla's servers, and built in GPS...  the only effective
way to steal one would be to bring a wide spectrum 650-2500 MHz jammer with
you, and keep the jammer on at all times. assuming that your goal would be
to disassemble it for parts fairly quickly and not resell it as a drivable
vehicle.