I've been in a similar boat as Chris. Working to make it work, but waiting
on further progress from the Rodeo side. I've entertained RealChoiceTV as
the next choice, but the costs are simply too high. Rodeo Networks appears
to have a good product based on good technology... they just don't have all
the components in place yet. They are making a large fundamental change on
their network over the next 2 weeks with improved capacity, and hopefully
improved transcoding after that.

It seems to me way to secure TV customers is in providing local channels.
Almost all of the non-local channels have other means of delivery that will
easily win in a cost comparison.

As far as multicast over a WISP, Cambium has some good examples of
functioning multicast IPTV systems in Europe(?) using the same base
middleware as Rodeo over ePMP.