I now have a couple of projects for raspberry pi after my first time
success.

I was wandering what else might be good. I thought about my 8000 dollar
fluke cable certifier and wonder how much of it's functionality could be
duplicated by a pair of raspberry pi.

I found a project called netpi which is more of a network tester but had
some neat stuff. I think it would require a couple of ADC and RTC to do a
bunch of the tests that my fluke does off the top of my head just to start
with. I am not sure it is even possible, at least by me, but it seems like
a worthwhile endeavor if it is possible. I am hoping to get some feedback
from the genius pool who know a lot more than I about the low level phy
stuff.

The goal would be to actually be able to certify a cable, not just pair map
and give distance to fault. I know some python but this would likely
require many tests to run in something like C for speed I would assume.

Thoughts?