Is the 844 actually doing beam forming? In which case the exact orientation of the antennas could be misleading.

bp
<part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

On 2/2/2018 12:46 PM, Eric Muehleisen wrote:
Chuck,

If you tear apart a 844 you'll notice that the antenna elements don't seem to cover 360 degrees. It does a good job with coverage but you'll notice that it can be hamstrung if not in the right orientation. That has been our experience anyway.

On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 11:17 AM, <ch...@wbmfg.com <mailto:ch...@wbmfg.com>> wrote:

    I use a single Calix 844 to cover a larger area without issue.  3
    floors. Solid sheets of aluminum between the floors as part of my
    radiant heating system.

    -----Original Message----- From: Bill Prince
    Sent: Friday, February 2, 2018 10:01 AM
    To: af@afmug.com <mailto:af@afmug.com>
    Subject: Re: [AFMUG] Ceiling mount AP with best range?

    We're using an N-mode Unifi AP, and it pretty much covers all of 3000
    square feet, and then some. It's the only AP we have in the entire
    house.

    bp
    <part15sbs{at}gmail{dot}com>

    On 1/31/2018 8:52 AM, TJ Trout wrote:

        First I started out with Ubiquiti AC AP ceiling mount the
        original version which was a complete flop and waste of money.
        I didn't upgraded to the cambium e400 but I've moved into a
        larger house now and the coverage is not very good.

        What is the best option currently for the longest range most
        reliable ceiling mount AP available?

        Thanks!!

        TJ