I thought it took hundreds of volts to trigger a gas tube.

Aren't some of them light sensitive? What if the APC chassis was near a window and getting direct sunlight?

------ Original Message ------
From: ch...@wbmfg.com
To: af@afmug.com
Sent: 5/9/2018 12:00:20 PM
Subject: Re: [AFMUG] mccowntech rack mount surge suppressor with Medusa

Funny, the product is so simple.  Jacks.  Tubes.

Electrodes with gas between them from the Ethernet lines to ground.

The only way the tubes can affect the circuit is if they are ionized, which means a high voltage coming from somewhere. could be coming from a ground loop or ???

Or a tube could be bad, or there could be a solder bridge but the test and inspection procedure should have caught that.