I forgot to ask my question: Does anybody know if the Igbo course in fact is or was taking place as part of SCALI? Thanks, Anja

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anja Choon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Jun 24, 2006 3:58 PM
Subject: Re: [AfricanLanguages] Re: Yoruba GPA
To: AfricanLanguages@yahoogroups.com

Dear Don,

yes, I've heard of SCALI. They have a yearly summer program for different Afican languages, as you probably know. I announced my interest in an Igbo course in 2003 but, unfortunately, in the end, it seems they didn't get enough people with an interest in that language. The following year, I got an email with the languages they were going to teach and among them was Igbo. It's still on the list this year as well as Akan/Twi, Bamana/Bambara, Kiswahili, Somali, Wolof, Xhosa, Yoruba and Zulu:  http://www.indiana.edu/~afrist/scali/. But again, if anybody is interested, the application deadline has passed, probably long ago.

Greetings, Anja

Creative writing Creative writing course Creative writing program
Creative writing class Teaching creative writing

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS