Yoruba GPA starts today, June 26, 2006, at the
Institute of Cultural Studies, Obafemi Awolowo
University, Ile-Ife, Nigeria. The students will be in
Nigeria for eight weeks learning the language and
interacting with the speakers of the language.

--- Anja Choon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dear Don,
>
> yes, I've heard of SCALI. They have a yearly summer
> program for different
> Afican languages, as you probably know. I announced
> my interest in an Igbo
> course in 2003 but, unfortunately, in the end, it
> seems they didn't get
> enough people with an interest in that language. The
> following year, I got
> an email with the languages they were going to teach
> and among them was
> Igbo. It's still on the list this year as well as
> Akan/Twi, Bamana/Bambara,
> Kiswahili, Somali, Wolof, Xhosa, Yoruba and Zulu:
> http://www.indiana.edu/~afrist/scali/. But again, if
> anybody is interested,
> the application deadline has passed, probably long
> ago.
>
> Greetings, Anja

Lawrence Olufemi Adewole
Department of African Languages and Literatures
Obafemi Awolowo University
Ile-Ife, Osun State, Nigeria
cellphone: 0803-471-4476

http://mail.yahoo.com