There is a distinction between the qualia of human experience and the
consciousness of what the mind is presenting. If you deny that you have the
kind of experience that Chalmers talks about then there is a question of
why are you denying it. So your remarks are relevant to AGI but not the way
you are talking about them. If Matt says qualia is not real then he is
saying that it is imaginary because I am pretty sure that he experiences
things in ways similar to Chalmers and a lot of other people I have talked
to. There are people who have claimed that I would not be able to create an
artificial imagination. That is nonsense. An artificial imagination is
easy. The complexity of doing that well is not. That does not mean however,
that the hard problem of consciousness is just complexity. One is doable in
computer programming, in spite of any skepticism, the other is not.
Jim Bromer