Sorry for posting so many comments.
The question, 'What is the test for qualia so that I can know it is
real' is ontologically flawed because the mystery of qualia is a
profound mystery. There is no simple test for it because we only know
about it through the reports of subjective experience. The question of
whether or not we can test for qualia is a well formed question
because it does not presuppose a categorical dismissal of the event
based on an inability to initially find an answer. The development of
experiments for a profound mystery that seems to be commonly observed
is part of the process of developing theories about mysterious events.
But a categorical dismissal of a mystery because you cannot find a way
to test it is naïve.
Jim Bromer