Actually the "I ate pizza with {a fork|pepperoni|Bob}" example in your
slides is mine. But you can credit Doug Lenat with "The police arrested the
demonstrators because they {feared|advocated} violence".

NLP is not AGI but it is an important component of it. It's a good place to
start. But you really need a learning algorithm taking unstructured text as
input and learns a grammar and semantics. Unless you can tell me how many
rules your rule based system will need. Lenat couldn't.