From: Jim Bromer <jimbro...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, 12 June 2019 15:30
To: AGI
Subject: Re: [agi] Re: A mathematics of concpetual relations?

The idea of a large mega or 100 kilo bit number, is that it allows for an
extensive assignment of meaning-by-position. But only a small number of bits
would be used during any calculation so a compression method would be employed.
I would not actually do any calculations with million bit numbers. The
calculations would be done with an algorithm that used compressed
representations of the numbers so they would not have to be decompressed to use
them. Another alternative that I am thinking of is to use a series of
'sentences', but the sentences would not be thought of as text (in the common
sense) but as numbers. I might also use a combination of the two methods or of
other methods.

The mathematics that I am thinking about now, would be like a preliminary
indexing of information. I am thinking that instead of using traditional
computational methods, I might use sets of specialized computational methods
that were developed for the system I am considering. If the computational
methods - the mathematical abstractions that guide the computations - were
separated from the conceptual database, then it might be possible to use them
through a fast look-up. (Traditional computational methods use an extremely
efficient set of mathematical abstractions (or algorithms) which make them
extremely efficient. The program does not have to do an extensive search
through the database of concepts in order to find how it should make a
computation using traditional mathematics.) I wonder if I could design
something that was efficient for my specially designed computational methods.
The solution (to that little sub-problem) is to keep the mathematical
abstractions of computation separate from the rest of the concept data base. It
could be kept in RAM using an efficient look up method.
Jim Bromer

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 8:58 AM