Actually, I just use a "filter" command in gmail, and the AGI list
posts go in a folder, so I don't see a thing in the "important" stack.
Then I browse quickly or not at all on some topics. For a while, I had
one poster singled out for the trash bin automatically!

So there are client based workarounds.

Above, I should clarify that organization and discipline are indeed crucial.