People can only communicate their conscious experiences by analogy. When you
say "I'm in pain," you're not actually describing your experience; you're
encouraging me to remember how I felt the last time *I* was in pain, and to
assume you feel the same way. We have no way of really knowing whether the
assumption is correct.

We can both name a certain frequency of light "red" and agree on which objects
are "red." But I can't tell you what my visual experience of red is like, and
you can't tell me what yours is like. Maybe my red looks like your green -- the
visual experience of red doesn't seem to inhere in the frequency's numerical
value, in fact color is nothing like number at all, so nothing says my red
isn't your green. "Qualia" refers to that indescribable aspect of the
experience. If your "qualia" can be communicated with symbols, or described in
terms of other things, then we're not talking about the same concept -- and
using the same word for it is just confusing.

Going back to your computer-and-mouse example: if I admit your panpsychist
perspective and assume that a computer mouse has qualia, those qualia are not
identified with the electro-mechanical events inside the mouse.  I could have
full knowledge of those (fully compute or model them) without sharing the
mouse's experience.