On 10/5/19 6:00 PM, Matt Mahoney wrote:

It probably takes a few hundred bits to describe the laws of physics. But an even simpler model, requiring vastly more computation, is that all possible universes with all possible laws of physics exist, and we necessary observe one where it is possible for life to evolve.

Seems odd that one considers it "an even simpler model" to "consider all possible universes with all possible laws of physics exists."  This does not seem simpler.

Seems that if one considers the definition of "universe" to include everything, then that is pretty simple.  What you see is what you get.  If there is another universe, it seems that it would be part of my universe since my universe is everything that exists in time, space, matter, energy etc.  Either the definition of "universe" is negotiable or "all" doesn't mean all.

I suspect that we don't know all there is to know about this universe.