On Sun, Oct 6, 2019, 4:47 AM John Rose <johnr...@polyplexic.com> wrote:

> Pi doesn't exist, only expressions and approximations of it and you gave
> an example. You must expend energy and time to generate a better
> approximation, IOW add power.

Do numbers exist? It's a philosophical question. Philosophy is arguing
about the meanings of words. What do you mean by "exist"?

Pi is a computable number. There exists a Turing machine that inputs n and
outputs n digits for any positive integer n.

There are 1 to 1 mappings between the sets of natural numbers, integers,
rational numbers like 1/2, algebraic numbers like sqrt(2), computable
numbers like pi, and describable numbers like Omega, the halting
probability. There is no such mapping of any of these sets to the set of
real numbers, which has a larger cardinality. I can't give you any examples
of undescribable real numbers even though they vastly outnumber the numbers
that have finite length descriptions. I can only prove that they exist in
the sense that natural numbers exist, as a subset of the real numbers.